Creating a Strong Brand
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
You’ve got a great product or service but does anyone know about it? Bringing customers through the door requires a strong brand and smart marketing.
Start by understanding your company’s SWOT: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. When you review these aspects of your business, be sure to involve all key players in your company as well as some of your best and worst customers. You can use a survey or interviews, but either way, be sure to ask questions that get to the heart of what your company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are.
Next you’ll want to establish a brand identity. This is a complex process that involves five key steps:
1. Write a vision statement. Spend plenty of time brainstorming this but when you’re finished, it should be a single sentence that describes where your company is headed but not necessarily how it will get there. (Save the details for other parts of your branding plan.)
2. Create a mission statement. This is a motivational statement that informs employees and customers of your values and purpose.
3. Evoke some emotion. Decide what you want your customers to feel when they see, hear about, and engage with your brand. This should be summed up with one word. A couple examples are: Disney = magical; Volvo = safe.
4. What is your brand’s personality? Is your company all business, serious to the core or do you take things on with a more lighthearted nature? If you lean toward the serious side of things, you’ll choose different colors, images, and language for your brand than if your business is all about fun.
5. Who is your target audience? If you don't know who will buy your products or services, you’re more likely to miss the mark when communicating with them. This isn’t something you want to guess about. Find out who your audience is, and what they want to hear before creating even one piece of marketing.
Once you have decided on these aspects of your brand, it’s time to get creative. We can help with design and printing of nearly anything you have in mind. Contact our office to find out how we can help you make a bold statement, drive customers to your door, and boost your profits with the highest quality printing in Cincinnati.
06/08/2018 - Outdoor Printing: Why You Ough
04/11/2018 - Graphic Designing: Does it Mat
02/05/2018 - Large Format Printing: File Fo
08/21/2017 - Aversion to Advertising?
06/19/2017 - Uses for Large Format Printing
04/28/2017 - Brand First! Market Later...
11/21/2016 - Creative Holiday Photos
09/20/2016 - Offer Canvas Prints to Sell Mo
08/21/2016 - Can You Take Print-Worthy Phot
07/14/2016 - Creating a Prototype to Improv
06/15/2016 - Make the Most of Interior and
05/12/2016 - Finding Your Place: Landscape
04/15/2016 - Location, Location, Location:
03/15/2016 - Well Designed Sites to Inspire
02/16/2016 - Photography Advice for Crafter
01/19/2016 - Inspiring Design Blogs
12/17/2015 - Five Photographers to Follow o
11/12/2015 - Setting Up an in-Home Photo St
10/13/2015 - Tips for Photographing Childre
09/14/2015 - Inspire, Educate, and Direct w
07/15/2015 - Creating a Strong Brand
06/15/2015 - Drawing Attention from the Cro
05/14/2015 - Great Graphic Design — Inspiri
04/21/2015 - Design a Better Banner
03/17/2015 - Ten Tips for Taking Better Pho
01/12/2015 - The Big Idea for Museums and E
11/10/2014 - Show Stopping Design for Trade
09/08/2014 - Storing Family Photos for the
08/12/2014 - Better Graphic Design
07/14/2014 - How Does UV Printing Differ fr
06/13/2014 - Make a Statement with Point-Of
05/21/2014 - More than a Logo: Developing a
04/02/2014 - Grand Format Printing in Film